Day 31 - Strange Days







There's being housebound, frustrated, bored, all days merging in one giant night and day blog and then there's this past week. At times I felt like my head was going to start spinning like a globe and off its axle.

First off, Marie was furloughed. That wasn't really a surprise as she works for a vision insurance provider and while health care is an essential service, new glasses/contacts are not critical. A bummer, but not the end of the world as she applied for unemployment the next day. Financially, we'll be okay, one way or another. She along with 22 million other Americans became jobless this past week.

The place where I can no longer think rationally is all the other insanity is piled on top of an already generous shit sundae. Last week Bobbalou was off -- hiding, vomiting more than she has ever (both in frequency and amount) and not acting like her sassy, spicy self. I'm already emotionally charged, but I know in my gut that something is not right.

Long story short, she has Inflammatory Bowel Disease -- a common condition in older cats. She will be on a special and expense food for the rest of her life, plus steroids. Honestly, I think this is the best case scenario considering my mind went to the worst place first trying to figure out what was wrong with her. 


Comments

Popular Posts